Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In which I am an unwitting victim of my own mojo

Note to readers: I will be able to resume illustrating this story in a few weeks. I would like to create images of Sorel and all the lovely ladies of this quest in Poser. It takes me a while to create something I'm happy with (I really dislike the image I did of Aleandra and that will be one of the first things I upgrade), and with work, I just don't have the hours I need to do graphic work.

We made a strategic decision to take a day off to rest and heal. Qual went back into town to stock up on healing potions. Ev and Aleandra went somewhere where we could pretend they weren’t having some wild kinky Sapphic sex. That left Sorel and me to fend for ourselves. I was still pretty badly hurt, so I took it easy, taking a walk along the cliffs. Sorel went to practice flying. By accident (yeah, right) she soared on an updraft near where I was walking, gliding just a few yards away from the Cliffside trail.

“Do you like me?” she asked.

“Yeah. Well enough, I guess.”

“You didn’t used to.”

“No, not really,” I admitted. “You acted like a spoiled brat. You’ve been different since the change.”

“Really? In what way?”

Man, I hated where this conversation was going. “Well, you’re a little kinder to people. And you go out of your way to be helpful. And of course you have a vagina now and everything.”

“Does that freak you out? That I’m a woman?”

“Not really, I suppose. But if I was in your place, I think I would be a complete mess.”

“Quinn, I am a complete mess.”

“No you’re not. Sure, you cried and stuff, but that’s because of this sex curse that is on you. That would drive anyone nuts. On the whole, you’ve handled it better that anyone possibly could.”

She looked sincerely grateful. “Thanks. I’m getting used to it. Being a woman, that is. Not the whole insta-whore part of it. That’s terrible. I don’t know why you don’t effect me, but I’m glad I have someone to talk to who doesn’t set me off.”

“Yeah, it’s just as well,” I admitted. “I’d probably take advantage of it and use it to humiliate you. I never would have the opportunity to get to know you and…” Oh, hells. Why did I say that?

She flew closer to me and touched down gracefully, as if she had been doing it her whole life. In an instant, she leaned in and gave me a light kiss on the lips. Before I could react, she stepped off the cliff and soared away.

I stood there stupidly for quite some time. I had no clue how to think about what had just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment