Wednesday, December 8, 2010

In which Ev getws a new start as an Amazon babe

Well, the next day could have gone better. We found a priestess in town who had the ability to dispel curses and evil magic. She was a doddering old grandma’, but the locals spoke highly of her. She certainly seemed to know her curses. Anyhow, she spends the better part of an hour looking at Evrian, then comes out and tells us there’s nothing she can do. There’s no trace of magic left on her to dispel. In other words, the statue didn’t just polymorph Ev, it completely changed her essence. Without a wish or a miracle, Ev was going to be stuck as an Amazon babe.

(Have I mentioned that I was not complaining? Sorel seemed happy with the situation, too. )

Ev went completely off the deep end. She even cried, right there in front of us. Then when I pointed out it was a girly thing to do, Aleandra goes and belts me in the mouth. Then they both start bawling. Gods. Ev is more upset about being human than about the sex change (I’ll stand by my remarks re: Elven androgyny). I guess I could see where she was coming from. Elves live for centuries, so becoming human for her would be like a human losing 50 years of their lifespan. I’m not so sure about Amazons, though. I’ve heard that they are a separate race altogether. No-one has ever seen an old Amazon, so maybe they age differently than the rest of us. Anyhow, so then I go and point out that Ev will have to get used to the same mortal span as the rest of us, and both the Amazons slugged me. For a second, I was facing down a wall of boob. It was worth it, at least until the pain started.

Well, no-one thought much of my plan to go back to the manor that night. So we paid for rooms and stayed at the inn. Aleandra had a long talk with Ev that night, and they shared a room. I don’t know what girl-talk they shared, but Ev was in a much better mood the next day. She even laughed more than she used to (and certainly a lot more than Aleandra ever did). Aleandra insisted that we refer to Ev as her sister from that time on. I caught them holding hands a few times and caressing each other when they thought we weren’t looking.

Yeah, I’m the pervert. I think Sorel is going to die of nosebleeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment