Tuesday, November 8, 2011

In which I get offered the chance of a lifetime. Or many, many lifetimes.

So if you asked me to describe what the realm of Tama Hama was like, I would throw a bunch of meaningless metaphors at you. What I saw and heard and smelled was beyond anything my senses could comprehend, and any words I used to describe what I did comprehend would fall far short of the essence of the place. So let me simply say that it was lush. Every sense of mine was exploding with pleasure at the same time. I wouldn't quite call it joy, for it was a physical rather than a spiritual contentment. It was a physical pleasure both refined and explosive, and all parts of my body thrilled at once. In Tama Hama's realm, there was no up nor down, just sheer pleasure of being.

Then she was before me. I saw a reflection of myself (and Sorel) but I also saw every image of female beauty I had ever seen or dreamed. There was no doubt I was in the presence of a goddess. I know I should have been terrified, but I knew beyond all doubt that she was my goddess, and that I was thoroughly her worshiper.

When she spoke, it was pure sound, spoken directly to my soul, raising me to a new plateau of exquisite pleasure.

"You are the first mortal to cross this barrier in many centuries. Why have you come?" I knew she already knew the answer. She could read it directly from my soul, but I also knew that my response was an important part of the ritual dance we were going through.

"I needed to cleanse a house of an evil taint. Your shrine was neglected and forgotten, until my friend Sorel awakened it. When I awoke in this body, I knew who you were, and what had to be done to restore you to your place in the world."

"Your friend agreed to accept my gift. You did not choose to become my servant. Yet you are here and he is not. Do you know why?"

I didn't really. There was no need to answer. The goddess continued.

"You are here because I chose you. Since the beginning of time, you have always been the one who would carry my power back into the world. All of your life has led you to this point: winning the manor, discovering my shrine, your transformation. But your destiny is yours to embrace only if you choose to embrace it."

"I can go back?"

"I can return you to what you once were. Your destiny would be your own for the first time in your life. You would be a man again, free to choose your path and win your fortune. You would live, win glory, and die. But if you choose to become my vessel, all of my power will be yours. You and I shall be one. We shall walk the mortal realm forever, bringing the joy of lust and desire where it is needed."

"Do I need to answer now?"

"You cannot leave here until you do."

I knew there was no point in delaying. My mind had been made up before I even came to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment